Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Note from Sprucetree ranch

.

Diane Eckhout just informed me of the first new foal of the year. The mare Lulu is Easter's older sister, the filly's name is Jazz.


.

I have been kicking back the last couple of weeks Spring weather being what it is I haven't felt like fighting the elements on 2 out of 3 days off. Although a few trips around the placed revealed spring has come in the form of several plants breaking ground, trees leafing out and grass shooting up. Nice.

.
Well since the wind has calmed down Larry and I trimmed Dude's feet on Tuesday. That called for a trip to the fire place, complete with Baked potatoes, Baked red onions with wine & butter, all to compliment some of those fantastic Smoked Beef Ribs, from the beef Jerry Eckhout raised for me last year.
.
See you there sometime soon----Mikey.

PS: I love you Mom.

1 comment:

Kathleen Lee said...

ALL THAT JAZZ!

She's beautiful! I hope I get a chance to take more horse photos.

Mikey, you can come up here and cook on my new outdoor kitchen anytime! I know it's not "over the open fire", but it's sure fun! Maybe I'll cook for you too ;)

Love you, hope to see you soon.

sis