Friday, February 19, 2010

Could Spring Be Here?

.

My my my, sure is warm this morning. 44 degrees; no breeze; stars are out, yep. Come on Easter wake up time for breakfast, Mikey has to be to work by 6 o'clock. I wonder how Jackie Jo is this morning. Jerry told me she is quite the ruckus raiser when he feeds in the stables up there. I suggested he put her out with the 2 year old colts, but he was worried about a new brood mare they bought which didn't get along with Spice & Lulu to well, so she is out there now. Battles between brood mares can be expensive when it cost a foal. I have always found it difficult to do business with females. None the less I'm sure Jackie Jo has her opinion about it too, sure think her world changed after meeting "Elvis" (Milagro Smokey Dude) he's something for sure! Jackie Jo is scheduled for an ultra sound near the first of March. Spring came early for her, and quickly.
.
Speaking of Spring a long time friend came waltzing through the front doors of work(Mom knows Dana), I walked up behind her and asked her for her ID, a stunned look came over her face for a few moments, then she recognized who I was and gave me a terrific hug. Yep Spring is in the air! Can't remember how long since, oh well forget about it! Spring is in the air. Speaking of Spring the first green shoots of life are starting to sprout on the LMA. This week is three days off, looks like I need to put my flower garden hat on, yep Spring is in the ground too! Drying out that fire place finally, man what a mess with all that rain and snow, not to mention cold wind, sitting inside is all I could do for a long time. Now the days call for get up off it, go outside, love it.
.
That's about it from here. Waiting for you all to come by for a fire and a cold one before it gets too hot--------------------------------Mikey
.
.PS--------------Love you MOM-----------m
.

1 comment:

Kathleen Lee said...

Sounds like Spring is definitely in the air, Mikey. Maybe we will get to share some of it with you on the LMA.

Love ya!
Sis