Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Morning in Sandy Valley


.
Fog is something we very rarely see out here. I had my days changed to cover for a guy at work, I'm running an hour late. This is so rare the opportunity to take a few snap shots overwhelmed me. I know; I know not while driving, but I was late for work.



.
.
The fog is coming from the old sea bed south of the valley, the funny part is it's 25 F. outside right now, (no really) the sea bed is dry, but the water table out there is only a couple of feet deep. The Mojave river runs under ground all the way to the Gulf of Mexico. The water temp is usually 50 F. hence Fog.





Actually the state line is on the other side of Clark Mountain in the background.




.
Good thing I'm running late, an hour ago that sun would have been hitting me full on driving over Columbia pass.



.
Just a brilliant morning I would have missed if my schedule hadn't changed.


.
As always-----Love from the LMA-----Mikey.
.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: