Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Three Days Off--Yea

Good mourning, yeh.


Sunday, nice and chilly this mourning, suns out so it will warm up soon. October is the time of year when the LMA starts getting some much needed TLC. 94 consecutive days over 100 degrees this summer Mikey was in hybernation. Today will be a good time to start cleaning up around the place I believe some of these old vehicles are due to be recycled. Let's see if the lawn and garden tractor will start, nope. Yeh, OK, Since I took two weeks to fix the tires on this trailer my brother sold me, I will put the fenders on it and fix the lights just for fun, or maybe just put the fenders on since it takes a 104 mile round trip to get the lights for it. Hey that worked now what? I see the garden needs to be turned under, Jackie Jo likes it under that Texas Fan Ash tree, lots of fresh feed there. OK Ginger, Easter is upset with me anyhow would you like to go to the Apple tree for a little while? Sure is warming up nicely, good day to work outside, love this time of year. Where does the time go when you're having fun? Next project, lunch have some round steak and potatos leftover from dinner last night, yum yum. Be a chance to call Larry Miller for the combination to start the L&G tractor, never had any problem before.

Sure do appreciate the good job Jerry Echkout does on the Sprucetree Ranch raising this great beef for me. Price is right and quality unmatched. Easter it's not your turn today, what are you raising a fuss about? Jackie Jo seems to be all right in front there. I'm threw with lunch better see if I can get that tractor going. Easter is raising a fuss about something. First I'll put Jackie Jo up, she'll be ready for her afternoon nap. Looks like Ginger is taking one, I can't see her for all the weeds and grass that grew over there. OMG! Folk's this is where the day turns into you know what.

Now I know what Easter was fussing about! For some unknown reason good old Ginger, 16 YO mustang mare, easy keeper you ever saw has not only wrapped her lead around the apple tree a half dozen times, evidently she tried to jump through the middle of it lodging herself like she was in a sling shot. Boy Ginger that's going to leave a mark. Folk's this is no time for Mikey to think about anything but what to do to help poor old Gin Gin. Girl I'm sure this is going to leave a mark. Ginger knows this is not the time to decide for herself what to do next. Has anybody out there tried to fell a tree with a horse in it? Be sure when that starts to happen you are on the far side of the tree. OK girl, I don't know what brought all this on, as soon as I rearrange all the horses, DUDE not now! Poor old Ginger is not really in the mood for you! Yeh. OK what am I doing? Take a deap breath and calm down. Where does the time go when you are having fun? Yeh. There you go girl, I'm sure those weinlings still get along together you come in this pen for now we'll get you fixed up before I put you and Jackie Jo back together even though you girls seem to have worked out your differences lately. What am I doing? Take this bloody shirt with all the stickers in it and burn it! OUCH! boy those things are sharp. Yeh. OK Larry she might need some stitches, has a couple big bruises, she's calm now. I'll wait for you to come home from work, just had to let you know, she'll be fine. I think that one is going to leave a mark.

Nothing like a good cold one after a quite day on the ranch eh Larry? This western style of living sure does your sole good. Maybe that's not going to leave much of a mark after all. Her eating and drinking is a good sign. Yes I would like another one since you asked. Yeh it is nice out here by the fire, sure have missed this over the summer. I know you're tired, that trip to town gets long after a few days. Good night.



Mikey--LYB

2 comments:

Kathleen Lee said...

Did that leave a mark? Sure hope not. Yeah, that fire is a right nice place to spend a cool evening..I remember. Miss you Mikey, glad things are going along smoothly ;)

sis

Ruthless said...

Gee Mikey sounds like a typical day on a ranch. What more could one ask for. Glad Ginger is okay.
We have had a couple of evenings with a little fire, too. Sure is nice.
LYB Mom