Wednesday, November 19, 2008

At least the trailer works!

Hello everyone.



My stories are beginning to settle down a little. Mostly mundane chores. Last week I told you about the chain saw lessons, as a result I needed a way to transport the fruits of our labor closer to the fireplace. My brother Pat made me a good deal on this trailer a while back. The Green and White buckets are full of Mulberry sawdust. Instant fire starter, I'm here to tell ya. As you can see at 4 o'clock the shadows are getting pretty long, that means the fire place will be going for the sunset show.

The photos will be getting more current. I am curing some of the remoteness problems. Next weeks article will be more current. Anyway we got quite a bit done this week, Dads rototiller worked up the Victory Garden (by the Fireplace), and the front garden. We are hoping to have several gardens this year, the weather has been so good lately we're afraid to water anything fearing a voluntary crop. Although the front had to be watered so the top soil would not blow away.

Hope to see you soon---------------Mikey.

PS:
I was going to send this little fellow out for everyone on Halloween. I still thought he is interesting. I am sort of a wildlife nut.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kathleen Lee said...

All that firewood and not a marshmallow in site! The bat photo is kinda cool... Your mundane chores are different than mine, so keep 'em comin'! Hope I get to sit by the fire when I get there.