Wednesday, December 3, 2008

For Deb & Terry


I often sit by the fire reminiscing, the other night I was looking through photos Mother sent me. Remembering that her friends Terry and Deb seemed to have a nice time,there were pictures with the horses; the front garden; Zukes; melons; and squash. What tripped my trigger is Deb was sitting on a log I was using for a bench, which gave her a little wobble, luckily she maintained her balance. I kept telling myself that it was a warning and Mikey better do something about it. So this is it, rest in secure comfort, by the fire.

Here's me trying to get a photo of Irene with Reinie, one out of two isn't bad right? This one was taken earlier in the year while I was still trying to figure out my Blackberry. I'm faster now although we have different schedules I'll get her. For those who don't know her she is my next door neighbor, and she has three horses. The people near me are really nice, and we all keep an eye out for each other without intruding too much.
The weather has been fantastic for this time of year, but we still make fire wood. Here's Brian lining up four by fours, we use up all the old post, pallets, and crates we can find. Some of my neighbors have business's at home, this gives them an out that is good for all, plenty of kindling.



Poplar& Elder trees grow out here fairly fast, they live approximately ten years in this environment, and grow nearly fifty feet before dying off. The best thing is to get them started then stop watering them as much, this forces them to grow roots quickly, my water is only down forty feet. With a modest amount of work you will keep plenty of shade around plus an abundant supply of trees to cut up.
As you can see Brian is almost done here today he is one person that just loves to cut wood, says it keeps him young. Helps "work up my thirst", is what I tell him.
You know where I'm heading-------------Mikey!




Posted by Picasa

No comments: