Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Living in the Past

.

My Mom, said to me one day " Mike, no more "Lost Causes", thank you.

The conversation enveloped many things to be sure. Primarily we must leave our past behind us. Things happen that we don't understand but they happen for the best. For sure don't forget the past, but learn from it. thank you.

And by the way Mike, believe in your worth. thank you.

I will try to leave lost causes behind me, but if I don't go forward, how do I know if it's a "Lost Cause"?

.
Recently, I have had the fortune of being contacted from a distant past. Mikey is doing some multi million mile reflections. Gratefully I now Know someone has deemed me not a "Lost Cause". thank you.
.
I have been lost most of my life,thank God I bought the LMA. After so many miles, and so many "LOST CAUSES" I am home. thank you.

.
Were someone new to read the archives, someone may have the understanding that Mikey never forgot where he came from. I am the fella that left the country, but my past never left me. I don't live in it, I don't forget where I came from. That helps me everyday of my life. thank you.

.
Don't forget your past, and be very careful how you judge it. Remember you are not as smart as you used to be. thank you.


.
Thank You-----mikey
..

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Dear Mike,

So I finally read, "Living in the Past" and found it to be very insightful! I liked your mom encouragement to let go of lost causes and to not "go there any more (apparently)!"
You express yourself very succinctly with subtlety and I think two of your teachers from the past who dealt with English students, Mrs. Miller and Mrs. Laughlin would be proud!

I pondered your question of who my favorite teacher was and it had to be Mrs. Miller. She had a quiet sense of humor and I thoroughly enjoyed Speech and Drama. German, not so much. Sprechen zie Duetsh?
I'm sure those words are mispelled!

The morning after we talked I was feeling pretty bad knowing how wiped you must have been! Sorry! I could barely keep my eyes open and I had three more hours to snooze than you did!

Do you read out of Kings James Version of the Bible? This is from The Living Bible- Psalm 25:10 "Every path He guides us on is fragrant with His loving-kindness!" Your ranch sounds like a haven for you!

I love this quote. "Restoration is the act of mending the rags of our lives into complete and beautiful garments of praise for the glory of our Lord!"

By the way, I love the book of Psalms the most if I could only choose one favorite!

Well, better get on the road for a Boise errand so will say goodnight!
Thanks again for the visit!

Yours~Barbara
P. S. Want to break this to you gently-in 116 days you and then me, 7 days later will be after all, 56 years old! Yikes! Yahoo! There is life after 55!

Kathleen Lee said...

Thanks, Mikey.

Might I be so bold as to ask, "Barbara who?"

So glad things are good at the LMA.

Love you.