Sunday, August 15, 2010

Mid August---Yep

.
.
.I don't care Toby.
.Oh well, this whiskey taste awful good. Just kidding kids! I don't feed Toby whiskey. He sure could fool me now, looks like he needs a nap.
.Here is something that came to me via E-mail, enjoy it's so August.
.


.The fewer words, the more poignant. Nice poem.


.Yes time marches forward, the rhythm of life has no end as long as we are here. Thankfully I am blessed, for reasons I can't justify, I'm just thankful that I'm still here. The quality of life I enjoy is something to share with the young people in our family to give them hope for our mutual path. My fondest desire is following generations have their own history to pass on. I know full well that everyone of them will be tested in this life. Having met them, my concerns are minimal, I am related to their mothers, and Grandmothers. Thankfully they had a good start in life. Personally it never occurred to me that life would be easy, because I was never told that it would be. Thank You MOM. Is this the part where the TRUTH hurts?
. Because of the frankness of people I love I have enjoyed a very good life out here in the west. Sorrows and regrets- I have a few- not many, hopefully we pass this on. My belief is that we speak frankly to our young people, and they will be able to move forward just as we did. No more generation gaps, because we are all people, and family.
.Some of the people who influenced me the most in my life were quite a bit older than I. They probably never saw the fruits of their wisdom and advice to me. The multi million mile reflections I have in this period in my life are usually a thank you to these people.
.As you all can see now, I am not very poignant, so it is time to go do some work; have a cold one; and talk to you later. Visit when you can---LYB---LMA.
.PS------LOVE-----m.

2 comments:

Kathleen Lee said...

Love the poignancy, and the humor Mikey. Keep writing, keep posting those great photos! LY2

Barbara said...

You certainly express yourself with depth and perception! And, yes, it is a hot summer-especially where you are!